Wednesday 2 January 2013

Window Dressing

I usually redress the windows in the shop every 4-6 weeks and stagger doing them as I have got four to do. I'm really lucky that our lovely shop has such gorgeous picture windows and they are a treat to do.

However in January I have all four to do as they have been dressed for Christmas , so this week I made a start!

 

How do I go about it? Well , I usually choose a fabric and theme the accessories around it adding cushions, throws and accessories from the shop which have the right theme or colour.


I suppose it is like painting a picture really, I never plan down to the final details it just tends to flow once you get going. Sometimes it knowing when to stop which is the problem.

I sometimes buy show lengths specifically draping for the windows and have cushions made to coordinate so it is a bit of an investment but it is a showcase for the shop and I think so important for the business.
I also like to add a piece of vintage furniture such as a dresser, chest of drawers ,chair or French day bed. This helps to create atmosphere and depth.

We get lots of lovely comments about our windows, I hope you enjoy looking at the photos.

Debs x

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Debs, lovely windows! Love the fabrics and the day bed ... very stylish! Good luck with your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that dog fabric????!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly its a fabric with Black Labradors on which we sell at the shop.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes we can but it works out quite expensive as fabric is quite heavy. The cost would depend upon the weight but starts off at about $40
      Debbie

      Delete
    2. Oh man! Do you know who makes it? I am an Instagram follower btw, glad you started a blog! The shop is so cute!

      Delete
  4. Loved the photos and your explanation how everything starts and how the end result is achieved. I think it's a very creative process, so I wish you lots of inspiration for your future "window projects". K.

    ReplyDelete